Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

No and Low

This is for Em and Ginger* as they jump back in to Weight Watchers.  I told Ginger on the phone last night about some of these, so I thought I'd gather all my no- and low-point foods in one place, and add to the list as I think of or discover more.  That's the plan.


+ Sweet & Spicy Pickles.  Soak cucumber slices in rice vinegar and lemon juice.  Add Splenda and a few drops of Sriracha sauce.  0 points.

+ Pineapple Pudding.  Mix one can crushed pineapple in its own juice with one box fat free, sugar free vanilla pudding.  Makes five 4-ounce servings.  0 points per serving.

+ Better than Peanut Butter Ice Cream.  Mix 1/2 cup sugar free vanilla ice cream (2 points) with 1 tablespoon Better than Peanut Butter (Trader Joe's, 1 point).  3 points.

+ Cottage Cheese with Pineapple.  1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese with pineapple in its own juice.  2 points.

+ Eggplant Hummus.  Buy at Trader Joe's.  1 point per serving.  Delicious with carrot sticks.

+ Chipotle Turkey Wrap.  Small low-carb tortilla with 2 ounces deli turkey, one slice of low-fat Swiss cheese, a teaspoon of chipotle mayo, and crisp Romaine lettuce.  5-6 points, depending on cheese.

+ Pumpkin Spice Muffins.  1 small (15 oz) can pumpkin, one box of spice cake mix.  (I've heard you can also use chocolate, but I haven't tried it.)  Mix the two together (no eggs, oil, or water) and bake according to the package.  Makes 24 cupcakes.  (You can also melt a marshmallow on top of each about 3 minutes before they're done for another half-point.)  2 points.

+ Diet Soda Cake.  Same as above, one box cake mix, one can diet soda.  No other ingredients.  Bake according to the box.  2 points per serving (without frosting).

+ Light Vanilla Soy Milk.  Delicious in coffee instead of creamer.  1/2 cup is 1 point.

+ Greek Yogurt Parfait.  Mix 6 oz plain, fat-free Greek yogurt with Splenda.  Add one small apple cut up into bite-size pieces and 10 almonds cut into thirds.  Drizzle with a little bit of honey.  4 points.

+ Apple Slices with Lemon Juice.  Easy to throw in your lunch, 0 points.


What are your go-to low-point foods?

*Name changed by Em.

No comments:

Post a Comment